It’s been a few months since I’ve written on the blog. Times are busy between running a fitness company, a dog boarding company and working toward my dream of supporting myself selling novels some day.
Despite having written ten novels and working on my eleventh, they never seem to feel ready to me. So it’s time to do the advanced work and get them out into the world. For reference, I find the writing process enjoyable and fairly easy (the first draft). Turning the messy first draft into a published novel is the very hard part. Thank you to everyone that has read some of my books, provided feedback and editing.
Here is where I am with these projects:
- Date of Death has reached 30,000 words. I’m guessing that represents about 1/3 of what the novel will become.
- The Genesis Project is being revised after coming back from a friend who does an amazing job editing and offering feedback. I’m roughly 1/3 of the way through the edits.
- Armageddon’s Descendants – Book 1: The Collective is currently with Beta readers for feedback.
- Knights of Truipis is complete (the first draft). I will be editing other projects before coming back to this one to work through draft 2. After draft 2, it will go to Beta readers for feedback, then editing, etc.
- Unlocking the Dead is complete (the first draft). Similar to Knights of Truipis, I will be waiting to find time to get draft two done before sending it off to Beta readers.
The hope is to have these five books published by the end of 2024. It’s very ambitious, I know, but why not?